Is it possible to use escalation/deadline in WS12300111?

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Mon May 19 05:25:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

we are in ECC 6.0.

I have copied standard workflow WS12300111 as well as task TS12300097.

Is it possible to implement escalation/deadline (i.e. using tabs Latest
End / Requested End) as we usually do?

I am having some issues and I am not sure if it is a limitation of this
particular task?

The deadline/escalation triggers without issue and sends the required
emails. However, when the Manager logs on via UWL to approve the work
item, and gets to the final screen to Approve Request, I get the error
message that "Work Item 00000007348 cannot be executed in status
COMPLETED". The message refers to the id of the step that sends the email
to the Manager.

In the workflow log I can see that the work item for approval is not
completed yet.

The workflow log shows me that the approval step has not been 'completed'
yet - however, the message is complaining about work item id 7348!!

I also checked PTARQ - the leave request is still with status 'SENT':

So, I am wondering if ai have missed something or if there is some
technical limitation?

Any ideas?

Much thanks and regards,

Cristiana