Deadlines

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:57:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

As an example (there are many and better ways of doing this) :

- create workflow container elements DEADLINE_DATE (like SYST-DATUM)
  LOOP_COUNTER (like SYST-INDEX), EXIT_LOOP_FLAG (type XFELD)
  and NULL_DEADLINE_DATE (like SYST-DATUM, initial value 31.12.9999).

- in the workflow create a "Loop (Until)" step with condition
  &EXIT_LOOP_FLAG& = X

- as the first step within the loop have a "Container operation"
  which does Loop_Counter = &LOOP_COUNTER& + 1

- as the second step within the loop have a "Multiple Condition"
  step of type "Case" which has &LOOP_COUNTER& as a comparison basis,
  which has outcomes First, Second, Third etc for values 1,2,3,4,5.
  These each represent what will happen during each iteration of
  the loop.

- you will now have five outcomes from the multiple condition,
  create a "Container operation" in each. In the first one have it
  set Deadline_Date to &_WORKITEM.WORKITEMCREATIONDATE& + 5,
  in the second, third and fourth set Deadline_Date to
  &DEADLINE_DATE& + 3, in the fifth set Deadline_date to
  &NULL_DEADLINE_DATE&.

- copy into the loop the step you want to vary the deadline of,
  and set as the Latest Start (or Latest End) deadline the values
  &DEADLINE_DATE& and &_WORKITEM.WORKITEMCREATIONTIME&.
  Make the Action "Modeled" and the Outcome "Deadline missed"

- in the outcome "Deadline missed" add a Process Control step to
  set your main step (with the deadline) to obsolete (Function Set
Work Item to Obsolete)

- in all but the Processing obsolete outcome of your main step set
  the EXIT_LOOP_FLAG to X.

- in the Processing obsolete outcome of your main step you can create
  a condition which checks the loop counter and branches out to two or
  more Send Mail steps to send emails to those that need to be notified
  about your step missing its deadline before it loops around and sets a
  new deadline.

You could try all this first with a test workflow.

Hope his helps.

Rick Bakker
Hanabi Technology