Deadlines

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:16:10 EDT 2008

Hello,

One way of doing this is to have workflow container elements which
hold a deadline date and a loop counter. Put your step (workitem)
within an Until loop and keep track of how many times you have
been through the loop (in the loop counter) and set the deadline date
accordingly (if loop counter EQ 1 then deadline date = deadline date + 5 etc).
You could do this with a method of the object, or do a multiple condition
construct within the workflow.

Set up the step to be completed if the deadline expires, and in all other
outcomes set a variable that will cause the Until loop to finish.

In the "Processing obsolete" outcome of your step, test the loop counter and
use that to decide who to send the notification to (via a send email step).

Hope this helps.

Rick Bakker
Hanabi Technology