UWL Transition

Stevens, Seth Seth.Stevens at anadarko.com
Thu May 1 18:22:12 EDT 2008

Experts,

I wanted to gather some thoughts on UWL vs. Business Workplace.  We are
currently upgrading to ECC 6 and management is pushing to implement UWL
and get away from the "ugly" business workplace.

Does the group have any feedback, recommendations, or lessons learned
for this transition?  I know this is SAP's direction but I have heard
mixed reviews and wanted to get some educated opinions about whether or
not we should do this.

We do not (and are not interested in) use SAP GUI for HTML, have high
workflow volumes, and utilize advance with dialog extensively.  Are
there any good work arounds for advance with dialog?  I know there is an
OSS note that says it works if you launch tasks via SAP GUI for Windows.
Any opinions, thoughts, lessons, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth

Anadarko Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify
sender by return e-mail and destroy the communication. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action
concerning the contents of this communication or any attachments by
anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.