Trigger WF in ECC from an event in CRM

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 08:24:05 EDT 2008

thanks Mike,
You answered my question very well. I am in the process of defining specification, so I need to include the Badi extenstion in my ABAP dev spefication.

thanks again
SRamanan

From: madgambler at hotmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: RE: Trigger WF in ECC from an event in CRMDate: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:06:57 +0000

Hi, I have seen this done via a BAdI Exit in the CRM Sales Order framework that ended up executing an RFC call to an FM (ECRM_IDE_CONTROL) on the target system where an event was raised in the normal manner.  The FM in the target system received event parameters passed through from the CRM system via a simple SWCONT container. I was even able to debug from one system to the other whilst executing it, which was oddly amusing :)Provided your CRM system can 'see' the target ECC 6 system then I think this should be possible for you too. If you intend to write your own RFC FM then be aware that the Data Dictionaries used by CRM and non-CRM systems will inevitably differ. So avoid using hard-typed data elements that only one side will know and stick to containers where you can, either SWCONT or ABAP_PARMBIND based versions should be fine. Since SAP have abandoned 'remote instances' and now assume that every instance must be local (LPOR), you can't feed through any CRM-based instances as objects and use them directly.   Which is a real shame, because in 4.6c and earlier versions, this was possible (at least in theory) and would have allowed Workflows in the target system to actually use CRM Business Object instances directly :PMike GT

From: r_m_n_n at hotmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Trigger WF in ECC from an event in CRMDate: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:52:38 -0400

Dear Friends, The question here pertains to two systems. CRM and ECC6.0 ( separate boxes ).Based on a request from a prospect for samples, a sample order gets entered in CRM system. Can this event/action ( sample order entered in CRM ) , be a trigger to start a WF template in ECC? Consider all other consditions are met. Like Master data requirements for material , customer and order etc., I appreciate your inputsthanksSRamanan

Get 5GB of online storage for free! Get it Now!