"Confirmation" Workflow in EBP

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Mar 31 17:54:03 EDT 2008

Hi Yulianto,

Actually SRM workflows do use a triggering event - they just don't use the standard Event Manager routines which is why they never show up on the standard event log.

Instead SRM workflows use a series of equivalent custom event manager routines that let them simulate the triggering of the event, and then start the workflow either as a simulation or in actuality or both - this is so that the approval previews can be displayed even before the workflow starts.

There is no point looking at SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW - as SRM uses its own custom routines and not that particular standard API.

Instead look at function modules with name beginning BBP_PDH_WFL... you will find routines there that evaluate the event.

But in any case you should NOT need to track this through... there is no problem with having a custom workflow starting on event BUS2203.SAVED - the way SRM works it's custom event manager routines should still trigger that workflow. However there are some restrictions - for instance you must not use a check function module on the event, only a start condition, and only ONE workflow must be started by the SAVED event.  SRM workflows follow VERY VERY VERY specific patterns - e.g. settings in the basic data header, agents as ad hoc agents, program exits.  So your best bet is to compare the custom workflow to the standard Confirmation workflow in detail.

Regards,
Jocelyn