BAPI CALL IN BACKGROUND TASK

Pratima Poojary pratima_poojary at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 10:58:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have a sales order workflow for exceptional demand.
In one of the steps of the workflow,the corresponding task executes in background.

Sales Order Change BAPI is called within this task.
Now the problem is that in case the sales order is locked for execution by some other user, the BAPI call returns a message of type 'E'.
Currently we send a mail to the concerned people to indicate that the sales order change has failed. However the users are concerned, since there is no immediate feeback on the errors.
Is there any way that the user's can be informed instantly that an error has occured and also a retry option so that the BAPI call can be reexecuted at a later time.

  Regards,
Pratima Poojary