ECC 6.0 SWW_CONTOB Logical System name not being updated properly

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:30:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed or seen evidence of the 'old' Workflow Container table (SWW_CONTOB) not being updated properly where the Logical System name field (LOGSYS) is concerned? I'm a little bit worried that this field is only sometimes being updated when entries are being added.

Our 'new' Workflow instances do not appear to be updating this field when creating new entries, although any triggering event container instances do have their proper logical system name values.
So, for example, '_WORKITEM' entries are being created with a blank value for LOGSYS (which just isn't right) whereas any importing container elements definitely do have a kosher value.

This is causing us some grief with FMs like CHECK_OBJECT_IN_WF because the standard SAP code is looking for a like-for-like match with whatever value you pass through in OBJECT-LOGSYS.

I'm going to trawl through OSS but I thought I'd ask around to see if this is a 'known' feature.

I'd like to ask anybody else who is currently working on an upgrade project to check out their SWW_CONTOB entries too (that is if they still intend to use the old tables) and let me know if they have this problem at all, or whether it's just our system misbehaving :)

Regards,

Mike GT