Send mail step

Philip Kisloff pkisloff at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 06:59:40 EST 2008

Hi Ashish

I understand your requirement is to send e-mails to people attached to a
particular position or work center, retrieved from a custom table. You've
successfully created a method to retrieve the email address to be used with
a subsequent sendmail step's import elements ADRESSSTRINGS with TYPEID set
to "U".

All I was doing was pointing out that a separate background step is not
necessary if you use a workitem exit in the sendmail step. The example code
I gave uses as import element the user ID (called Recipient), but you should
change the code to use the import element(s) of the method you created. The
call to BAPI_GET_DETAIL also needs to be change to what you have in custom
method, but with the same end result (email address) exported to import
element ADDRESSSTRINGS.

It's more efficient this way, but if I've come too late with the suggestion,
using a prior background step as you've done already is cool.

Phil