SY-BINPT in the background task

Vera, Guillermo Guillermo.Vera at realtech.com
Thu Jun 19 09:47:59 EDT 2008

Hi Kim ,

  It looks like a pure ABAP problem , you must fulfill the BDC table in a suitable manner . The problem seems like transaction ME12 has different behaviours in test mode (SWO1) and in WF-Runtime mode .

 Maybe this sdn thread  fix to your problem:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=733171 <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=304593>

I remark this lines :

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In addition, Specifically for BDC, if you wants to avoid the popup the following approach can be taken :

Declare a work area of type CTU_PARAMS.
Fill the fields of CTU_PARAMS. The field NOBINPT should be set to 'X'.
This will set the SY-BINPT to space. So now the transaction which you will be calling will run in online mode.

Example.

clear X_OPTIONS.
X_OPTIONS-DISMODE = 'E'.
X_OPTIONS-UPDMODE = 'S'.
X_OPTIONS-CATTMODE = ' '.
X_OPTIONS-DEFSIZE = ' '.
X_OPTIONS-RACOMMIT = ' '.
X_OPTIONS-NOBINPT = 'X'.
 X_OPTIONS-NOBIEND = ' '.

call transaction 'BP' using T_BDCDATA[] options from X_OPTIONS.

Note:
Do not use the MODE & UPDATE additions when you are using OPTIONS. The mode & update values are passed in the CTU_PARAMS structure.

{code}
CALL TRANSACTION 't_code' USING i_bdcdata[]
OPTIONS X_OPTIONS
MESSAGES INTO i_message.
{code)

I hope this will be useful for you.