Functional OO method call in container operation problem

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Mon Jun 16 03:13:07 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

as follo-up to that problem:

I have also experienced empty container elements after the assignments, though everything was working properly in the test environement (of SE24 or similar) and debugged through it, I found out the following:

The expression and the result assignment is embraced by a TRY-CATCH-ALL. And the error handling is: "On error resume next" :-)  So basically you don't really know if the result was empty (on purpose) or the assignment didn't work, letting you guess of what it was.

With table type assignments I especially had the problem, that, altough you /can/ enter a DataDictionaries's TableType as the type for the workflow container element, and the syntax check gives no error or warnings, it just don't work.
You'll need to declare the container element based on the line type with "multiline element", and the result parameter of the function method (no other choice here) as a table type based on the line type.
After that, it was working fine for me.

Best wishes,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------