Workflow seems to just halt (possible looping problem)

Adrian Clarke adrian.clarke at Xchanging.com
Tue Jul 29 13:28:58 EDT 2008

Dear Wuggers,

I have just created a workflow which has the following structure :

1. Send Mail
2. Set container ERRNO to 9
3. While ERRNO = 9
   3a  Call Program which returns a value into ERRNO (either 0, 1 or 9)
4. Send Mail
5. Call Program for manager authorisation, returning a value into
APPROVED (either true or false)
6. Loop until APPROVED = 'true' (loops back to step 2)

When I execute the above, it executes step 1, and step 2, but then goes
no further.

If I remove the two loops (i.e. the while at 3, and the until at 6) the
steps at 1, 2, 3a, 4, 5 are executed
I can then put back the while loop at 3, and then 1, 2, 3, 3a, 4, 5 are
executed
When I put back the until loop at 6 (looping back to step 2) the
workflow executes step 1 and 2, but then halts at that point.

There is no error being produced (well, not in the workflow log anyway).

Could this be a problem with having a loop within a loop (especially two
different types of loops)?
Has anyone seen (and successfully got around) this problem before?

Adrian