Problem with FIPP.POST method

vijay srikanth vijay_d15 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:55:46 EDT 2008

Basically this might be due to some setting in the GL Account used to post the invoice.

Goto FS00 - enter the gl account which is used in the FI Document - click on the Create/Bank/Interest tab - here you will see the field status group assigned to the GL account. If you double click on this it will take you to the field status config. Click on the group additional account assignments - page down to the bottom and you should see functional area is Suppressed. This needs to be changed to Opt. Entry, saved and transported through. The menu path via the IMG is Fin Acctng > GL Acctng > Bus Trans > G/L Acct Pstng > Carry out and Check... > Maintain Field Status Groups or Transaction OBC4. Regards,
Vijay

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:34:44 +0800From: ikhansap at gmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Re: Problem with FIPP.POST method
I debug that method and found that a FM inside the method is running a BDC which is looking for that screen element, since it is not there in that screen it is thorwing the error. I think the screen element is suppressed somewher in FI Customising..