Users to disable notifications

Ananth write2ananth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:21:42 EDT 2008

Dear All,

We are on SAP CRM 6.0 system and trying to implement workflows. We
need to notify the business partners that their Claims are rejected or
approved by the Business users.

There is a unique requirement, where we need to send mails to the
business partners who are external users. But they would like to get
notified with the claim status only when they want to to receive,
otherwise they dont want to receive any notifications.

Presently mails are sent to their SAP Inbox and from there it is
auto-forwarded to the external email id. My suggestion was that, users
who want to get notified can be maintained in the SCOT transaction and
only they can receive the mails in their external email id. Ofcourse,
if this is to be done, then it has to be maintained by a BASIS person.

I would like to know, if there is a setting where we can setup/users
can maintain themselves in which we can check and according send or
not send the mails to the external user. Email address will always be
maintained for the business users in SU01.

Can someone please let me know, if we can enable or disable
notifications accordingly based on some checks/flag.

Thanks in advance,
Ananth