UWL | Display CustomAttribute as dropdown menu

Huber, Daniel da.huber at sap.com
Fri Jul 4 06:54:07 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I currently try to display a custom attribute (taken from workflow
container) as a dropdown menu.
Using Menu/MenuItem elements within the display attribute definition
results in the correct display of the custom attribute's value, but
there is no dropdown menu.

So, I assume the definitions of custom attribute and display attribute
are OK, but there's something wrong with the menu definition.
Unfortunately I cannot find any examples for this construct, but the one
in the DTD documentation which just uses the predefined attribute
'priority'
(https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/uw/com/sap/netweaver/bc/uwl
/doc-files/uwldtd.html#Menu).

A fragment of my current XML configuration is added below.
I already stumbled across DisplayAttribute at type being 'user' in the
example and 'string' in my configuration. But the current DTD does not
allow 'user' any longer.

<Views>
  <View name="RoughAssessmentView"
        selectionMode="MULTISELECT"
        refresh="300"
        visibleRowCount="10"
        width="98%"
        supportedItemTypes="uwl.task.webflow.TS97000034"
        columnOrder="isEscalated, subject, isSvtRelevant, ..."
        sortby="priority:descend,
        dueDate:ascend,
        createdDate:descend"
        tableDesign="ALTERNATING"
        headerVisible="no"
        queryRange="undefined"
        tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes"
        tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV"
        actionRef=""
        dueDateSevere="86400000"
        dueDateWarning="259200000"
        emphasizedItems="new"
        displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes"
        dynamicCreationAllowed="yes"
        actionPosition="bottom"
        referenceBundle="tasks"

    <DisplayAttribute name="isSvtRelevant"
                      type="string"
                      width="10"
                      sortable="yes"
                      format="default"
                      hAlign="LEFT"
                      vAlign="BASELINE"
                      maxTextWidth="0"
                      headerVisible="yes"

      <Descriptions default="SVT Relevant"/>
      <Menu>
        <MenuItem name="Yes" actionRef="svtYes">
          <Descriptions default="Yes"/>
        </MenuItem>
        <MenuItem name="No" actionRef="svtNo">
          <Descriptions default="No"/>
        </MenuItem>
        <MenuItem name="Undefined" actionRef="svtUndefined">
          <Descriptions default="Undefined"/>
        </MenuItem>
      </Menu>
    </DisplayAttribute>