BUS1065 HIRED Event

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 19:40:54 EST 2008

Hi Carmen,

the HIRED event is published from Infotype 0001 (Function Module
HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0001).

I have seen the event being published twice when the position that you are
hiring your employee has more than one relationship with different Org
Units e.g.

position 50000000

01.01.2007 - 14.02.2008 belongs to Org Unit 50000001
15.02.2008 - 31.12.9999 belongs to Org Unit 50000999

If you hire an employee to this position on the 10.02.2008, the event will
be published twice because the system will create 2 infotypes 0001 for
this employee.

I think an OSS should be raised so SAP can fix the way HIRED is published.

Alternatively, you can try to 'play' with function module
HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0001 and code something to prevent the event being
published twice?

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Cristiana
_________________________________
Cristiana d'Agosto
IBM Global Business Services
Mobile:  +61 417 927 224
cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com

"Carmen Cheung" <carmen.cheung at roc-group.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
30/01/2008 08:49 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

<sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
BUS1065 HIRED Event

Hi All,

I?m creating a notification workflow for when a new employee is hired
(PA40) in R/3 4.7, using triggering event HIRED for BUS1065.

The actual workflow is going fine, but the triggering event is being
published twice in the system. I have tried to use the function module
SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT to check if a workflow is already active and
ensure the workflow is only triggered once, but to no avail.

I have also tried triggering my own event to a delegate object and entered
the configuration in SWEHR3. This also published duplicate events.

Is there anyway to stop the duplicate event being triggered?

Really appreciate any ideas.

Many thanks,

Carmen