Custom Approval Screen for Trip Approvals

Schmidt, Bob bschmidt at ugs.com
Wed Jan 16 20:17:06 EST 2008

We have created a custom WebDynpro application running in the SAP Portal
to allow users to approve or reject travel management workflow items .
We are using SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE in the WD application to
complete decision steps.  That is working fine, except for one small
matter.  We are running into a security issue where it is requiring the
transaction of SWIA be assigned through authorizations in order for it
to process.

Is anyone familiar with the authorizations that must be present on the
user in backend system in order to run the SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE
function module?  I can't imagine that we'd have to assign that
transaction to the average joe approving travel requests.

Regards,

Bob