New ABAP editor?

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:59:26 EST 2008

Rick,

It seems that the new whizzy editor doesn't seem to be an option for Business Objects, dunno why :(

In our upgraded EC 6.0 environment SWO1 takes you back to old editor with the same old 3 versions (PC mode with line numbers, without line numbers and Command mode).

My guess is SAP wants to leave SWO1 behind along as 'old school' ABAP, particularly as they want to push the new Java stack stuff.
Meanwhile in SE24/SE37/SE38/SE80 we have all of the new stuff, like multicolours and collapsible sections of code. Neato, albeit a bit painful on the eyes at first.

Mind you, I started out with SAP R/2 on mainframes back in the 90s so even having a mouse is a bonus to me! I do miss having 24 PF keys now and then...

Regards,

Mike GT

Subject: New ABAP editor?Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:42:38 -0600From: Rick.Sample at gbe.comTo: Rick.Sample at gbe.com; sap-wug at mit.edu

Seems we have a new ABAP editor with SAPGUI 6.40.
I have on developer that can see this changeable setting via the menu options but I can not.
Where is the setting so I can use this new setting?

Also, anyone have any issues with this new editor as far as Wf is concerned? i.e. does it work with SWO1?