Solution Manager - Workflow for Document Management

Gavin Mooney gavinmooney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:28:21 EST 2008

Hi Cristiana,

I was talking about the document approvals process that come as standard
with Sol Man, and is internally called a "workflow" (although it's not
really). I'm not sure about the events - I think you might have to use the
enhancement spot as Flávio suggested.

All the transactions for the approvals are in the SPRO paths I sent, and the
documentation there should be helpful, although if your Sol Man consultant
says she's configured the strategies then maybe this part is done. Certain
document status changes require a digital signature - the user has to enter
their password. This is configurable and your consultant should know about
it (for example a document could go from Preliminary to In Process without a
digital signature, but to move it to Approved status you might want to
require the user to enter a password.) The event you mention is probably
raised when a user tries to move a document to one of the statuses that
require this digital signature.

Regards,
Gavin