Solution Manager - Workflow for Document Management

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Feb 5 19:03:31 EST 2008

Hi all,

Solution Manager is new territory for me, and I am wondering if there is
anyone in the SAP-WUG that can give some insight as to where to start on
this one.

I need to build a very simple workflow for Document Management in Solution
Manager.

Basically there is a user that is responsible for Creating the document
and another user responsible for 'approving' the document. When the
creator of a new document in the Proj. Documentation Tab creates a
document and changes the status, the workflow is to be triggered and send
an email to the person responsible for approving the document.

I don't know how to trigger an event under this scenario. I checked SWEL
and nothing is published.

I noticed that there is an object type called SOLMANDOC - I have no idea
if this is the one i need to use and i have no idea as to how to trigger a
workflow in Solution Manager...

I have posted a question in the SDN Solution Manager Forum as well.
Perhaps there is some SolMan configuration that can be done so emails are
sent when the status of a document changes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Cristiana
Cristiana d'Agosto