HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read

David Trant david_trant at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:53:30 EST 2008

Hey gang,

I'm starting an MSS project and trying to set up a prototyping environment.  We've got the portal, workflow and UWL up and running, but we keep getting the error "HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read" when trying to execute a work item for an MSS PCR notification (a copy of SAP standard that we're using as a starting point). It seems there has been a bit of chatter on this subject in the WUG and SDN, for example the thread here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?messageID=398377&

but I can't seem to find a resolution yet.  We've looked at the WF_HANDCUST and SICF settings and think they're OK.  Has anyone else had this problem and found the resolution?

Thanks,
David