Creating Excel sheets with color and different font size for header and data in background [slightly OT]

Hari krishna hari_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 00:53:10 EST 2008

Hi,

We have a requirement, where the Excel (formatting) with header and data in different fonts and different sizes to be generated, when the program is running in background.

I have  successfully generated excel sheet, with all these requirements when the program is running in foreground.

However the same would not work in when the program is running in background.

Here is piece of code written to generate excel sheet when the program is running in background.

create object gs_excel 'EXCEL.APPLICATION' .
  set property of gs_excel 'Visible' = 0 .
  get property of gs_excel 'Workbooks' = gs_wbooklist .
  get property of gs_wbooklist 'Application' = gs_application .
  set property of gs_application 'SheetsInNewWorkbook' = 1 .
  call method of gs_wbooklist 'Add' =  gs_wbook .

I have gone through your code given,  but it is generating the normal excel sheet, however I need to open excel application at background and need to format with different styles.

Please throw some light on this issue.

Appreciate your response .

Regards
Harikrishna