Link to a transaction from a Workflow notification

Alfano, Judy (ISO) JAlfano2 at MassMutual.com
Wed Dec 17 12:18:27 EST 2008

Thanks Jocelyn. We'd like the workflow to resume based on action taken
in the custom transaction, not as the result of the user completing the
notification. So the flow would be:

1. workflow encounters a data problem that requires user intervention
2. creates an 'issue' object
3. sends notification with link and some issue details
4. wait step begins
5. a user resolves the issue, which raises an event - what's important
here is that the user may or may not have used the link in the
notification to get to the transaction. It may be a different user who
didn't even receive the notification.
6. wait step reacts to the event and the workflow continues

Can I put the notification as a work item on one path of a fork, but set
it up so that that path doesn't need to be completed for the workflow to
continue processing? Putting the notification and the wait on 2 parallel
branches, and setting the necessary branch value to 1 isn't quite right
because I wouldn't want the processing to continue if the user completed
the notification but the wait step criteria hadn't been met.

Thanks again,

Judy