Returning to UWL inbox, after "Advance with Dialog " execution

Joe_Toledo@capgroup.com Joe_Toledo at capgroup.com
Fri Dec 12 13:59:08 EST 2008

Good morning,

Happy Holidays!

We're upgrading to EP 7.0 and we plan on start using UWL when the upgrade
is completed and I'm looking into the  UWL customization.  One of the
workflows I'm using to test/understand the differences between SBWP/UWL
has several decision steps followed  by dialog steps to perform actions
related on the appropriate selected option.   This approach, of course,
works nicely in SBWP,  but it requires that some customization be
performed in UWL, via xml.   Thanks to the book by Darren Hague I was able
to have the work items behave in a manner that would be close to what we
want (advance with dialog and on the same window as the UWL)   See xml
file below in Figure 2.

The issue I'm having is that after the last step it the advance with
dialog is executed, I'm left with a SAP-GUI window with a message "Close
Window" and I'm forced to click on the "Universal Worklist:" link again to
return to the inbox (Figure 1)

Is there a way to return to the UWL inbox after I execute a WI in SAP-GUI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Figure 1.

Figure 2.

Custom_TS993000XX.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN'
'uwl_configuration.dtd'

<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

<ItemTypes>
  <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS99300014"
connector="WebFlowConnector"
   defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction"
   executionMode="default">
   <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SMN_CLT350" externalType="TS99300014"
connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
   <Actions>
     <Action name="launchSAPAction" handler="SAPTransactionLauncher">
       <Properties>
         <Property name="GUIType" value="WinGui"/>
       </Properties>
     </Action>
    </Actions>
   </ItemType>
 <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS99300002" connector="WebFlowConnector"
   defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction"
   executionMode="default">
   <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SMN_CLT350" externalType="TS99300002"
connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
   <Actions>
     <Action name="launchSAPAction" handler="SAPTransactionLauncher">
       <Properties>
         <Property name="GUIType" value="WinGui"/>
       </Properties>
     </Action>
    </Actions>
   </ItemType>
 <ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS99300018" connector="WebFlowConnector"
   defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction"
   executionMode="default">
   <ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SMN_CLT350" externalType="TS99300018"
connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
   <Actions>
     <Action name="launchSAPAction" handler="SAPTransactionLauncher">
       <Properties>
         <Property name="GUIType" value="WinGui"/>
       </Properties>
     </Action>
    </Actions>
   </ItemType>
</ItemTypes>
</UWLConfiguration>

Joe Toledo | The Capital Group Companies
Location: IRV | Extension: 55417 | Outside: 949-975-5417
E-mail: joat at capgroup.com
[ Mailing: 15260 Valley Oak. IRV-M-3E Irvine, CA 92618 USA ]