Issue with 'Advance with dialog'

Sharath K ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 15:42:13 EST 2008

Hi All.
I have a background task between ‘General task’ and a ‘User Decision Step’. All of them are checked with 'advance with dialog option' option.
The issue is, when a same user is executing general task work item, user decision task is not popping up instantly ..Instead the user need to refresh his inbox to see the decision work item in his inbox..

is the 'advance with dialog option' functionality is limited just for two steps…?

Here is the scenario..

in General Taks.. Invoice Coder(User) will enter invoice Item in FV60(I have method calling Call Transaction FV60, with terminating event ‘Completed’) and saves it as ‘Save as completed’. In the background task I am reading the approver from that invoice item details and sending approver a approval work item..

in some cases the coder himself can be approver…I would like to show the approval decision step instantly… any suggestions…

thanks,
Sharath