[LIKELY JUNK]Set up RSWUWFML2 with Variants for sending workitems to outlook

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Dec 10 17:05:17 EST 2008

Hi Raja,
Firstly if you are on SAP BASIS/ABAP Release 700 you should definitely
be using SWNCONFIG and ***NOT*** be using RSWUWFML2.

There are blogs on SDN explaining how to set up SWNCONFIG. But for basic
operation there are only 5 steps:

1. Create a Delivery Schedule - this is how often you want the
notifications generated

2. Create a Subscription in Scenario WORKFLOW category STANDARD
referencing your delivery schedule.
Here you choose whether you want plain text, html or sms messages sent.
If you are using MS Outlook/Exchange go stratight to the html version.
If you are using some other groupware I would suggest you start with
plain text and then try html once you have the notifications going out
successfully.
E.g. Lotus Notes can have some difficulty with html if you are on an
early release

I recommend granularity "Multiple workitems per notification" and also
to set the recipient to "*" with the standard handle
CL_SWN_SUBSCRIPTION.

3. Create a Schedule Selection  - this is how often you want the work
items assessed - generally we set this exactly the same as the delivery
schedule

4. Adjust your General Settings - you need to nominate the priority
order for finding the email address of a user - i.e. if you store email
addresses in infotype 105/0010 then select ESS first,
otherwise select CAM (Central Address Mgt) first.   Add the link to your
inbox - e.g. the link to the Portal page containing your UWL inbox.

5.  Schedule job SWN_SELSEN.

If you have any difficulties there is a tester program SWN_SELSEN_TEST
which you can use to diagnose what is going on.

Regards,
Jocelyn