Confirm end of processing for WorkFlow Step in UWL

Simon, Tom Simon.Tom at aoins.com
Wed Aug 27 08:28:22 EDT 2008

To: Workflow Experts

I have created a step that uses BO BUS2089, method "changeinteractive".
I am using task visualization to launch the abap webdynpro FITE_EXPENSES
and passing the import parameters of the employee number, trip_number
and mode "CHG".  I have a terminating event for the step based on the
"change" event created when the abap webdynpro application is saved.
Everything works as expected, the webdynpro launches, the user can
change their expense report and when they save it,  the event "changed"
is created and the step completes.  The problem is if the user does not
save the expense report, if they just go in to look at it and close the
abap webdynpro then the workflow step does not complete, the workflow is
waiting for this step to be completed by the terminating event.  Is
there a way to include a "confirm end of processing button"  on the
workitem display in the UWL so that the workitem can be completed in
those situations when they do not change and save the expense report. In
R3 that option is available for workflows steps but does not appear in
the UWL.  I  would sure appreciate  any suggestions on how to approach a
solution to this problem.

Thank You,

Tom Simon
Auto-Owners Ins