Visualization Task -Abap Webdynpro and Synchronous Dialog Method in Workflow Step in R3

Simon, Tom Simon.Tom at aoins.com
Fri Aug 15 10:27:34 EDT 2008

I am executing a dialog task for  a Travel Workflow which uses the BO
BUS2089 and the CHANGEINTERACTIVE method.  This is a synchronous object
method.
I am using swfvisu visualization to launch a SAP standard abap webdynpro
to change the travel expense report FITV_EXPENSES when it gets to the
step.  It launches the webdynpro and I make my changes and save it.  It
creates the event "changed".     The method in the task  in R3 is never
executed nor does it complete.  The Workflow does not do anything except
wait for the execution of the method for the task.  I  also put a
terminating event in the R3 task to respond to the "change" event
created when saving the transaction.    Is there an xml configuration
that is needed to complete the synchronous task after completing the
abap webdynpro processing.  The webdynpro task visualization does not
appear to be connected in anyway to the needed task completion of the
step.  When checking the instant linkage of the object at runtime there
was nothing in the table for that workitem.  I expected that when I
defined the terminating event that an entry would have been there for
the business object  and instance parameters.

Thank You

Tom Simon