[LIKELY JUNK]Re: Extended Notifications

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Fri Aug 8 01:14:45 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,

Actually if you set up the relevant Task Visualizations in transaction SWFVISU then Extended Notifications will generate links to the matching web application such as WebDynpro - html gui is just the default approach if there's nothing maintained in SWFVISU.

SSO will work provided either:
a) SSO is set up as part of logging on to the network e.g. Windows logon linked to Portal logon, or
b) User has already set up an SSO session, e.g. by logging on to the Portal prior to opening the mail.

You should NOT put http links directly in the UWL work item - the UWL will not allow you to execute http links from text.
Instead you should use the Extended Notifications general settings to generate the UWL link in the notification only.

If you are really wanting to execute a web transaction from the UWL work item then again you should be using SWFVISU to do this for any SAP-based web application, and WF_EXTSRV for non-SAP web applications.
If you really get stuck you can also code it as an Action in UWL XML configuration but that shouldn't be necessary unless you have a really exceptional case.

Regards,
Jocelyn