After ECC 6.0 upgrade - OL383 Source and target structure have a different number of fields

C L Gordon C.L.Gordon at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 07:39:00 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm quite new to workflow and have a bespoke task (created by a consultant who has now left) which is failing in workflow after the Upgrade to ECC 6.0.

The task is based on a subtype of BUS2089 EmployeeTrip, and calls a bespoke Function Module as a wrapper for SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTES_GET to determine the substitutes for a task agent.

It works fine in 4.72.

I've tested both the standard FM, the bespoke FM and the method (via transaction SWO1) and they return expected values, but when I call the task in the WF, it fails on IMPORT_FROM_BOR_CONTAINER with "The source and target structure have a different number of fields" Message no. OL383.

The Step <-> Workflow bindings check out OK.

Can anyone advise what the problem is, or point me in the direction of how to investigate further,

Many thanks
Carol Gordon