RFC DESTINATION PURPOSE

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Mon Aug 4 09:25:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

While I am not 100% sure I would say that the main reason we use
'logical destinations' is to leverage SAP's transaction RFC capability.
That is to ensure that every step in the Workflow is not lost due to
system failure or slow down. Since every call is stored in the RFC
table(s) before the call is made, if the target resource is not
available or is too busy then the call is simply re-tried later.

Alon Raskin