Document from Template + VBA

Daniel Schorsch daniel.schorsch at philips.com
Wed Apr 23 03:07:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if anybody could help me out with the following
problem:

In a workflow I would like to use an excel file that is based on a
template and is edited in three different steps by different users. What
is needed is some coding INSIDE the excel template itself.

I just had a try with using the workflow step type "Document from
Template" to create my Excel template including the VBA code (the code was
tested before in another excel sheet outside SAP, to make sure it
"normally" works).

When testing the workflow with the new step of creating document from
template I saw that a macro is there because the warning popup opened up
asking if I want to activate macros.
Unfortunately the macros were not triggered at all as they were in the
outside SAP world tests. :-(

The VBA code is triggered when saving the workbook. I guess this might be
the problem??!! I also included a button on the sheet calling a function
within the excel sheet and it functions very well.

Do you have any ideas??? Please help me out with this problem!!

We are on R/3 Release 4.7

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten

Daniel Schorsch
Business Consultant
Philips Healthcare IT
Industrial Business Solutions international

Philips Medical Systems DMC GmbH
Röntgenstraße 24, D-22335 Hamburg
H008
Tel.: +49/40/5078-1505
Fax: +49/40/5078-1793
email: daniel.schorsch at philips.com
http://www.philips.com/healthcare

Geschäftsführung/General Management: Diedrich Dirks (Vorsitzender),
Christoph Wittler; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Hamburg;
Registergericht/Registration court: Hamburg, Reg.-Nr/Re. No: 66 HRB 77
839; Steuernummer/Local tax registration No.: 22/27/278/00800