BOR vs ABAP OO

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Sun Apr 20 16:06:23 EDT 2008

Hi Sherie,

The good news: BOR is going to be around for some time. As long as SAP use
BOR in their own workflows you can continue to extend their objects.

The better news: OO is much nicer because you can design the class and
methods and pawn the coding of your business methods off to any ABAPer. No
need to understand containers, BOR macros and workflow. As in "I need a
method X with import parameter Y that does ABC and returns Z". ABAPer writes
method, you plug it into a task, bind in Y and get back Z. Done.

The bad (?) news: There's a learning curve to be able to create the basic
workflow-useable class so start with.

The good news: It's not that difficult, just different. Jocelyn's blogs on
SDN are great, and there's also a new course BIT611 from SAP that
specifically covers OO and workflow which would probably be a great asset
for you.

Cheers,
Mike