BOR vs ABAP OO

Munday,Sherie J. MUNDAYSJ at airproducts.com
Fri Apr 18 21:57:56 EDT 2008

Fellow WUGers,

I am a little concerned on the conversation around BOR vs ABAP OO.  In
our company we have used workflow rather extensively in HR, LSO, and a
bit in other areas as well.  As many of you know I am not an ABAP
programmer (I dabble a bit in extending objects, etc) and we use the BOR
objects for all our flows.  Our philosophy has always been to take
advantage of the standard offerings as much as possible with as little
programming as possible to minimize maintenance on upgrades etc.  I'm
sure that is not real popular with the consultants, but it has profited
our company to date.  Is SAP planning to discontinue support of the BOR
objects?  Should I take a course in ABAP OO to be able to use workflow
in the future?  I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Sherie

Sherie Munday
Workflow Developer/ Analyst