Retrieve workitem Id that is assigned to substitute

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Fri Apr 18 02:14:43 EDT 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 14:00:57 arghadip kar wrote:
> This is a strange requirement. When we create a substitute for some user
> the workitem does not appear in SWI5 transaction code for the person who
> has been created as a subsitute. I have also checked that the table
> SWWWUSERWI and SWWORGTASK also does not have entries for this. I think in
> SAP everything is table entry and there should be some table where this
> workitem is mapped wth the user who has been created as a substitute.
> Please note the user for whom the substitute has been created has table
> entries.
That is the way it should and must be. In runtime, SAP Business Workplace
retrieves the work items for which there is an entry for your user, then it
checks if you are (still) an active substitute for some other user and
fetches work items belonging to that user - if they match the substitution
profile.

If there was a table entry inserted for the substitute, that table entry would
also have to be removed when the substitution ends or is deactivated - which
is nearly impossible.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no/)