PR workflow : item level release

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 05:31:32 EDT 2008

Hoi,

as far as I know, the release strategy is re-determined when you use the Edit-Mode for the requisition (i.e. ME52N), not during the release (i.e. ME54N).
If such a redetermination happends your new workflow would start (unless you check for old running workflow instances during the check function module).
The previous workflow might stumble over the change of the release strategy, as there could be some customizing or coding related to release group/codes/etc., basically all you could think of.

I'd suggest to thourougly and deeply check the current workflow implementation (go into every methode, every method, every user exit, BAdI, BTE and such) until you have a good detailed understanding about it.

If you're still unsure, prepare a test scenario and check what happends. Make sure to have running workflow instances in the Q-Testing-System before starting with the go-live-phase.

Best wishes,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------