PR workflow : item level release

akshay.bhagwat@wipro.com akshay.bhagwat at wipro.com
Tue Apr 15 09:32:31 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We are in ECC6.0 and want to use the PR release workflow for item level
release. Due to some of the custom requirements, we will have to extend
WS00000038 and then use the custom workflow.
With this aspect , wanted to know what approach should be taken to
achieve the following:

One of the requirements was to have custom role resolution i.e. may be
using user exit - in this case , however if agent determination fails,
notification should be sent to creator and current workflow should end.
 Once creator maintains Ztable properly for agent determination ,
workflow needs to be restarted again for any changes to the PR item . (
Need not be necessarily SignificantlyChanged Event !) as earlier
workflow might have been ended due to agent determination error.
 In this case , I was wondering how std event of ReleaseStepCreated will
be created again while changing the PR item?

Appreciate any inputs on this front.

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Bhagwat

SAP Practice