Background task with message 609

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Tue Apr 8 08:08:44 EDT 2008

Hello Sandy,

if you executed the report several times the work item should turn its status to ERROR in such a case, that there's a temporary error (exception) during the processing.

Just to see, if debugging works I have tested the method SELFITEM.SendTaskDescription with the first work item I have found. The debugging works fine, but I got the exception 1004 - missing text translation.  (Maybe that's the problem you're looking for, as the user-id WF-BATCH may run under another language).

When is used transaction SWUS to start a test-work item (where the method is defined as background), I have received the message we're talking about: "Execution will continue in background".

So the thing that your method/send-Mail isn't working has nothing to do with that message. The message just says: I'm now switching to user-ID WF-BATCH. Maybe that's the problem.  (The user needs an Internet Mail Address correctly maintained via transaction SU01).

Best wishes,
Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------