very basic question

Vinod Viswanathan Vinod.Viswanathan at in.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 12 06:22:03 EDT 2007

Hi Björn,

You are right!  workflow customizing (SWU3) is one time activity per client/environment.

Prefix number is just like creating a custom program name that is prefixed with 'Z' or 'Y'.

Similarly whenever a workflow is to be copied for customization... a prefix number is given... (since workflow id is a number).

The prefix number should be 9... so your customized workflow would start with '9' ... generally 3 prefix digits are required.

Therefore you could give 999, 906, 901 etc... as u may wish!

 It is suggested that the prefix numbers remain constant irrespective of the client or the environment.

I hope this answers your query.

Regds,
[Vinod Viswanathan]