Issue with Leave request (PTO) workflow approval (WS12300111) in new ECC 6.0

Vijay Bhatnagar vjbhatnagar at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 12:55:23 EDT 2007

Hi,
  We are in the process of upgrading from R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0. AS part of the upgrade we have installed new ESS business package for the portal. The leave request ESS application has changed, hence, we are using the new SAP recommended workflow WS12300111 (PT_TIMREQ - General Workflow for Documents). Initially the workflow did not trigger. We changed the workflow attribute to General Task and the workflow triggered for the new request submitted via portal. We are facing the problem with agent determination as described below. Any help to resolve the issue is highly appreciated.

  Issue
  Workflow container correctly shows the approving agent id  in internal WF table Agent_0001.Agents. However, the task TS12300097 is unable to correctly determine agent using out of the box expression = &AGENT_0001.AGENTS&.

  Error

  EVALUATE_AGENT_VIA_EXPRESION gives error SWF_RUN544 (Result of agent resolution does not agree with agents of task)

  Thanks,