SAP EDI WORKFLOW

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:59:30 EDT 2007

Sam,

What you're asking for, I think, is something SBWP has never done (and I don't think UWL will be able to do either) which is show other people's work to you.If you look at the code behind SBWP you'll no doubt notice that in a lot of cases the functionality has been defaulted to use SY-UNAME pretty much everywhere, which restricts almost everything you see and to some extent what you can do too. Without modifying the code it simply won't let you change the default.

SAP's view on this, I assume, has always been if you want to look at work belonging to other people you really should be thinking about a report and not expecting SBWP to show it for you.

Also I suspect an element of security is part of the reason why they don't want you peeking at other people's work as it would require them to rethink how and when they allow you to use the various features of the SBWP ALV Grid Toolbar, such as reserve and replace.

Mike GT

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:28:06 -0500From: srinivasjakkidi at gmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: SAP EDI WORKFLOW
hi sap workflow experts,

i have below scenerio:

1) Right now When checking out/reserving a work flow item (tc:SBWP), there is no option to display who has it checked out. When the workflow item is reserved, it is removed from everyone elses workflow list. It can happen that people put these back at the end of the day, when there is no time to work on them any longer. It would be a great help to have VISABILITY to all items even if they are reserved, and to have a name associated with it to see who has it reserved.
2) In the "Change Layout" option of work flow (tc: SBWP), there are dynamic fields, i have  used  dynamic columns for the person reserving the item, but in addition to this,  customer number also be populated in one of these fields. the thing is tha i have used this dynamic columns for  person  reserving the item and customer number. howeever when i go and reseve the workflow item  and replace it. again when i do the refresh of  items. the dynamic column  for the person( name) reserving the item  is not updated automatically. however  The (persons name) values for the dynamic columns are only set after you exit and restart the Business Workplace.i have found sap note-1017858 for this scenerio i have implemented this note unfortunately its not working. could you please anybody of guys suggest me the solution.

thanks inadvance,
sam