Version problem after 4.6->6.0 ECC upgrade

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:10:13 EDT 2007

Hi Zsolt,

I'm presuming of course that the WF definition syntax checks OK and that there are no other obvious issues that would prevent the Workflow from being activated in its latest version?

Has the Workflow definition changed recently? Perhaps a Transport failed to activate the WF definition properly because of a new syntax check being performed in the upgraded version of SAP's Workflow environment.

The reason I ask is because we noticed in our analysis of ERP 2005 (which we are about to upgrade to) that a lot of unicheck errors start to crawl out of the BOR ,which in some cases caused objects to fail to activate, which in turn meant that perfectly good WF definitions prior to the ugrade failed to activate properly without a few code tweaks or objects being regenerated and the buffers dropped.

In particular we found that SAP's own swc macros (e.g. swc_get_element) failed their own unicode checks. Transaction UCCHECK showed up a lot of these issues and we haven't yet found how to correct them.

If anyone has ideas on this point by the way we'd be happy to hear them :)

Mike GT

Subject: RE: Version problem after 4.6->6.0 ECC upgradeDate: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:58:58 +0200From: Zsolt.Marton at t-systems.co.huTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

Hi Mike,
Yes, the entry is missing in SWDSHEADER. I’ve checked the SWUD, but no errors, only the latest varsion is missing.
Regards
Zsolt

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Mike GambierSent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:59 AMTo: SAP Workflow Users' GroupSubject: RE: Version problem after 4.6->6.0 ECC upgrade

Zsolt, Are you saying the entry in SWDSHEADER is missing or are there problems with HRP1205, HRS1205 or SWDHRS1205? Have you tried using SWDD or SWUD on the Workflow to see if it can be displayed or tested? Sometimes this finishes activating the Workflow. Mike GT> Subject: Version problem after 4.6->6.0 ECC upgrade> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:38:21 +0200> From: Zsolt.Marton at t-systems.co.hu> To: sap-wug at mit.edu> > Hi all,> > I have a problem with a custom workflow. Is missing the latest version after 4.6c -> 6.0 upgrade.> Has enyone faced this kind of problem before? What could be a good solution to solve that?> > Thanks in advance> Zsolt> > _______________________________________________> SAP-WUG mailing list> SAP-WUG at mit.edu> http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/sap-wug

Play Movie Mash-up and win BIG prizes!