Execute processes in SAP without access to SAP system

Mark Peterson markpeterson.sap at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:31:30 EST 2007

Hi All,

We have a A/P invoice approval workflow in production. We are in the
process of enhancing it with some "cool" features. We want somebody
who does not have access to SAP system to approve invoices from their
Outlook and receive the results of approval back into SAP. Is it
possible for someone without access to SAP to execute processes in
SAP? Can it be achieved with the use of Web Services?

I know about the report RSWUWFML2 and Extended Notifications to notify
users about work items that need to be processed. But I am not sure
about the other way around - getting response back from Outlook into
SAP.

We are on ECC 6.0.

Thanks for your time and appreciate your patience.

Mark Peter