Calling a custom JavaWebDynpro Application in UWL

Prasath Natesan prassath.natesan at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:12:35 EDT 2007

Hi All,

How do i call a Java WebDynPro Application from my task?

For exampla in PCR worklfows we have the Application - ISRFORMAPPROVE. This
was a standard Application from SAP. All i did was i entered the
visualization parameters (Application and Package) for this application in
SWFVISU and used task TS50000075 in my workflow.

But i am not clear how my workflow calls this application in portal UWL. I
went through the method EXTSRV-PROCESS in TS50000075. All i could understand
was the method reads the header details of the current workitem and builds a
URL (Fn.Mod : SWK_BUILD_LH_URL) and launches it in the browser(Fn.Mod:
CALL_BROWSER).

1. Now assume i build a custom JavaWebDynpro Application with say Approve
and Reject buttons. Now how do i call this Application from my task?(that is
what if i want to call a custom application using a custom task from UWL?)

2. What is the use of setting the visualization parameters in SWFVISU?

3. Also i am not clear how are the parameters getting passed to and from
from these application to R/3.

Can some one help me out?

Thanks,
Prasath N