WF traing in new areas- Delta Course

Munday,Sherie J. MUNDAYSJ at airproducts.com
Tue May 15 15:05:58 EDT 2007

Akshay,
Edwin kindly listed the link for the class (in July in Atlanta) ... http://www50.sap.com/useducation/curriculum/course.asp?cid=60208734

Here is my previous summary to the group:
* New WF-XML based functionalities from SAP WAS 6.2 - you might want to search on this on SDN?

* Changes in container technology

    o One of my personal favs... The "Properties" as well as "Initial Values" are on separate tabs from your basic definition (which I often overlooked in those early post-upgrade days)

    o Check out the Header Basic data for the WS container (the hat icon within workflow builder)

        § Under Version Dependant Tab => Control Tab, there is a "Persistence Profile". In the Persistence Profile you can specify the normal tables or a new XML table

        § Our old flows were set with "Compatibility" (which uses the old tables), but new flows are set with "XML" as standard. (The "Structure" mode is outdated and not recommended.)

        § The new data types are allowed only with the new XML persistence

        § The XML persistence should save storage space and increase performance when running flows

* There is a new binding editor

    o allows you to drag & drop (and it will remind you if you don't use it) :o)

    o the import and export are separate and they are tested separately (this one caught me a few times)

    o you can bind from a specified element to an unspecified element, but not the other way around

    o lots of choices in the binding instructions, check out the icon between flow and step columns in the binding editor

* Step Type activities, user decisions, wait steps, and web activities have three possible conditions that can be bound.... check out the tab "conditions" after "requested end" and "methods" on the step.

* You'll have to ask the true programmers about this one, but I know there is a new interface for the new container called IF_SWF_IFS_PARAMETER_CONTAINER.

* Lots of info around the Universal Worklist which we were already using

* There are start options in SWUS

* Multiple conditions in workflows can now be CASE or SWITCH... the SWITCH functionality really adds some cool flexibility

* Lots of info around ABAP Objects and ABAP Classes that was too technical for me

* As we have heard from the Wuggers in previous messages... RSWUWFML2 is replaced with extended notifications

* Also noted in recent Wugger messages.... correlations is a new solution for when you might not have the object key at the time of the creation of a wait step.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Sherie