Need Help in SRM Workflow WS145000015(Item Based approval For shopping Cart)

Veit Unger veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Mon May 7 04:19:56 EDT 2007

Hi Arghadip,

having a quick look on your coding I see 3 points of interest:

You sort some of your internal tables by guid values, and rely on the
resulting sort order shortly after. I don't know what's your intention,
but usually sorting by guid is not guaranteed to yield any logical sort
order.

You do a commit work. Usually one should avoid a commit work inside a BADI
unless there's sample code or documentation stating that it can be done.
This is because most BADI calls are inside a larger logical unit of work.

Near the end you delete all approvers of past approval levels. Unless
there's been a major change since I've used this BADI position workflow,
this is wrong. You need to pass the full hierarchy back everytime the BADI
is called. Even when you're called with approval index 3, pass back the
result for 1 and 2 as well. The SRM mixes the table from the BADI with the
results of the workflow execution, e.g. who already approved etc. As far
as I remember that mixing is based on the approval objects, not index and
agent.

kind regards,
Veit

--
Dipl. WiInf. Veit Unger
-
veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Telefon: +(49) 170 914 7650
-
SerCon GmbH
Nahmitzer Damm 12 - 12277 Berlin . Germany
c/o IBM Deutschland GmbH
IBM Global Business Services

SerCon Service-Konzepte für Informations-Systeme GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Jörg Schimetzek, Bernhard Settele
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen

arghadip kar <arghadipkar at yahoo.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
04.05.2007 18:30
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Need Help in SRM Workflow WS145000015(Item Based approval For   shopping
Cart)

Hi All

I am Arghadip. I was implementing SRM Workflow WS145000015(Item Based
approval For shopping Cart). I am facing the issue of Workitem getting
Logically Deleted as soon as a Approver is approving a Line Item. I have
also checked and found that the Restart event is getting triggered which
is Logically deleting the Workitem and starting the approval Step all to
over again. Can anyone tell me what is wrong in my programming in
BADI.Please get back to me as it is urgent. Thanks in advance

I am attaching my Code here Please reiew:

[...cut out...]

Arghadip Kar
email:dharam015 at gmail.com
phone no :913325579917