How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until they action it?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 20:16:10 EDT 2007

Guys - I tried using 'Confirm End of Processing', but those blasted users
tend to press that button even when the HAVEN'T done what was asked.

We need something stronger - a way to keep the workitem in the inbox until
the the event X_IS_DONE is raised.

Like I said below, it doesn't seem possible to set up a synchronous step so
that it hangs around until the terminating event is received.

groetjes
Paul

|         |           koenraad.janssens@|
|         |           arcelor.com       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mi|
|         |           t.edu             |
|         |           29/03/2007 17:34  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "SAP Workflow     |
|         |           Users' Group"     |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |       To:       sap-wug at mit.edu                                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until they   action it?                             |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

How about the confirm end of processing option on the task?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Salutations,
Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Atentos saludos,
Agur bero bat,

|---------------------+-----------------------------|
|   (Embedded image   |      Koenraad Janssens      |
|    moved to file:   |    Arcelor Systems Ghent    |
|    pic09168.gif)    |  Leverage Team - Programmer |
|                     |     Tel: +32 9 347 35 76    |
|                     |            email:           |
|                     | koenraad.janssens at arcelor.co|
|                     |              m              |
|---------------------+-----------------------------|

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.

 Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.ql
 d.gov.au
 Sent by:                                                               To
 sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu               SAP-WUG at mit.edu
                                                                        cc

 29/03/2007 09:29                                                  Subject
                                       How to make a notification stay in
                                       a users inbox until they action it?
      Please respond to
       sap-wug at mit.edu

Wuggers,

I would like to send a notification workitemto a user (a simple piece of
text, with an instruction: eg 'Please do X').

That's easy. But I would also like the workitem to _stay_ in their inbox
until they've done it. How do you achieve that?

I thought I could do it with a terminating event (X_IS_DONE), but the
notification task is based on SELFITEM.DISPLAY, which is a synchronous
method.
As far as I understand it, synchronous methods terminate once executed, and
do not need to wait for the terminating event.

Is there a better approach? Would I need to build a new, asynchronous
version of SELFITEM.DISPLAY?

thanks for your thoughts,
Paul B

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this
e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of
its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase
all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses
virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in
this e-mail or in any attachment.

This message and any attachment are confidential, intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be
protected by professional secrecy or intellectual property rights.
If you have received it by mistake, or are not the named recipient(s),
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message. You are hereby
notified that any unauthorized use, copying or dissemination of any or all
information contained in this message is prohibited.
Arcelor shall not be liable for the message if altered, falsified, or in
case of error in the recipient.
This message does not constitute any right or commitment for Arcelor except
when expressly agreed otherwise in writing in a separate agreement.