How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until theyaction it?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 20:13:58 EDT 2007

John,

  Thanks for that - I was considering going down that road as well, but I
was concerned that the attributes of the BOR would not be updated after the
user does 'X'.

What exactly do you mean by "a method to read the business object"? How is
that implemented?

cheers
Paul

|         |           "John White"     |
|         |           <JWhite at sauder.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at m|
|         |           it.edu           |
|         |           30/03/2007 04:01 |
|         |           "SAP Workflow    |
|         |           Users' Group"    |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |       To:       "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  RE: How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until theyaction   it?                              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have done this different ways.

I use the confirm end of processing, and add a loop to edit to make sure it
is done, before passing control to the next workflow step. I found that I
sometimes have to refresh the business object prior to the edit loop. To do
that, I just added a method to read the business object and pass back the
container data.

I also have used a user-decision step with a single decision (with the
'cancel and keep in inbox'), if the task is more of 'reminder' to do
something and not critical to the workflow.

John