hold workitem until next step executes

sangharsh aggarwal meetsang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:39:58 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a requirement in which Approver has to be taken to a transaction for
approval or rejection. I have created a User Decision and 2 buttons i.e.
"Display" and "Forward".

Whenever he presses display button a new task calling transaction PA05
(Travel Expense Approve/Reject) will take him there...

Now whenever he comes on t-code PA05 screen he has 3 options to approve, to
reject or to close (If he decides to take decision later). First 2 are okay,
but when he closes the t-code, my requirement is to keep User Decision
intact in the workplace of approver so he can come again and take his
decision. this is not happening currently as when he presses Display button,
execution for next-step which calls the transaction starts and work-item
vanishes from his workplace.

Please help.....or suggest a workaround....

Thanks
Sangharsh