Container Question

Schmidt, Jake (SN) jake.schmidt at spiritaero.com
Sat Mar 24 14:36:13 EDT 2007

I've added an attribute on BUS1012 to get the change number that was
used to edit the header section of a routing.  At runtime the change
number is in BUS1012 in my container, at the end of my workflow I'd like
to execute a method to close the change number.  The method I'd like to
use is in ECM (ECM is the Bus Object for change numbers) and of course I
want to edit the change number.  My problem is that I can't pass
&BUS1012.CHANGENUMBER& into the  &_WI_OBJECT_ID& for a Task dealing with
Bus Object ECM method = edit. I get an error saying "An object
compatible with '[BO.ECM]' was expected as the source expression"
This same error arises if I try to use a container operation to do the
same thing.

How can we pass attributes of one Bus Object into other Bus Objects?? In
this case the attribute I'm trying to pass is the keyfield for Bus
Object ECM.

Jake Schmidt
Spirit AeroSystems